Custom Search

Saturday, September 19, 2009

sweet blue cornbread....

OK I know this sounds crazy but trust me it taste great and the light blue color is so cool. I use blue cornmeal, I like the texture of it better, its grind finer. So give it try I know you will like it..

ingredients:

  • 1 cup of organic blue cornmeal (fine grind if possible ,it will make the cornbread more moist)
  • 1 cup of organic unbleached all purpose white flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp of sea salt
  • 2 large free range eggs (I think they taste better and are healthy but any eggs will do)
  • 1 1/4 cup of milk or 1/4 cup half and half and 1 cup of water
  • 3/4 stick of unsalted butter (olive oil can be used instead)

Preheat the oven to 425

Stir the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Place the butter in the baking pan and melt in the oven.

Whisk the eggs ,milk and add to the dry ingredients.Whisk until smooth and then add the melted butter.Be careful the pan will be hot. Stir in the butter and pour the batter into your pan. Cook for 15 minutes or until the cornbread has a golden brown colour and it has pulled away from the sides. A easy to tell if it is done by putting a knife or toothpick in the center and if it comes out cleans its done.

Allow to cool.


I love to serve it warm with butter or honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment